V0.3.x Firmware Workout: Better late than never

Happy to report I played 3 shows this weekend with 3.02 - no issues at all moving between 4 pretty big quick saves :black_heart:.

@odevices I donā€™t have a solution but in a live setting having the quick save load selection close to the save button is a bit nerve racking.

7 Likes

Risk taker!

1 Like

Awesome, awesome stuff @odevices!!

@trickyflemming, thanks a bunch for the idea starters and how-toā€™s!

2 Likes

POSSIBLE BUG v0.3.04

With settings in admin for ā€œbypass disables plug-inā€", bypassing a mixer or custom unit does not appear to disable anything contained within.

BUG v0.3.04

Same as @kilchhofer
Freeverb, the moment I add it on a mono strip (48k firmware), sound cuts out on that chain. Re-init doesnā€™t bring it to life either, If I bypass it, it comes back. Works fine in stereo. Oddly, when I changed the strip back to mono, and added the verb again, it worked. Hrmm. Output meter also display no signal.

Admin Area Comment

Wondering if the same concept of the new and improved unit select could prove useful in the admin list?

Such as ā€œGlobal Audioā€ heading with:

• 6 Track recorder
  • Global Chains
  • Sample Pool
  • Pre-amp settings
  • Channel Setup

And ā€œSystem Utilityā€ for:

• Settings
  • Firmware
  • Card Console

Possible bug 3.04

Trimming a sample in sample scanner shows no waveform, seems to work ok in the normal sample player.

1 Like

Good morning! :coffee:

v0.3.05 CHANGES

• FIXED: Freeverb > Uninitialized comb filter state variable causing havoc (no audio, broken level meters) downstream of this unit. :bowing_man:
4 Likes

Darn. I couldnā€™t replicate this. How are you determining that the units contained within are not being disabled?

Iā€™ll bet @NeilParfitt is about to make a video!

1 Like

Hello, first post here! Iā€™m very much enjoying all the reports on the new firmware. My er301 is scheduled to be shipped on 22 dec, canā€™t wait to receive it :slight_smile: ā€¦ ah, realised 22nd is a Friday and itā€™s being delivered to my work so Iā€™ll hve to wait til after Boxing Day to receive it. Oh well, I waited 2 years for my cirklon so 8 weeks isnā€™t too bad :slight_smile:
Cheers all.

2 Likes

In v.0.2.x when selecting samples one could preview sample and scroll, leaving preview engaged. This no longer occurs, with a scroll to next sample turning off preview. Is this a bug or design decision?

POSSIBLE BUG in 0.3.05?

Have a sliced sample playing in sample player with slices selected using CV coming in from a sequencer.

After playing for a good while (maybe 5 minutes) it suddenly selects different samples and jumps around.

Am also listening to the CV as is driving pitch of an oscillator (not in ER301). There is no change to its tune when the sudden changes happens so donā€™t think itā€™s the incoming CV.

I think it was always like this (i.e. scroll away and preview stops). I went back to v0.2.27 and checked too. It was a design decision by the way.

Ok, faulty memory :blush: I thought it was implicated in the audio preview bug I had earlier in 0.2.x

Haha! Iā€™m waiting a title bit until the GUI solidifies.

1 Like

there was no drop in cpu usage. Iā€™ll be in the studio tomorrow and test again.

Hmm. Iā€™ve had the same 3 (of 100) slices looping via an external CV sequencer for a few hours now and no weirdness so far. Iā€™ll keep stress testing but if you have any other clues Iā€™m all ears. :vulcan_salute:

Possible bug :

Admin ā€”> 2x 2 stereo ----> unlink the last two channels so itā€™s 1 stereo and two mono

On channel 3 ( mono ), I have an audio signal coming at channel 3 IN. Select the source at channel 3 as channel 3 IN and you will see as usual that the audio meter works after adding a source signal. Just add a freeverb ā€”> sound dies on that channel out and meter stops working.

Possible Bug v0.3.05 48.0kHz

With the Clocked Delay, when I mount the feedback above 0.000dB the audio stops and you must remove the unit to restart audio.

Some take it or leave it workflow ideasā€¦

Global Chains
Space for Rentā€¦ Bypass Chain?

Conditional Paste or Paste Abandon
Thereā€™s been a few moments (absolutely my error), where Iā€™ve had a bigger channel mixer process copied, Iā€™ve pasted it where I needed the duplicate, but then later hit paste by accident. Of course this is when CPU usage is already heavy, so when this paste happens again, it brings the system to its knees and Iā€™ll have to cycle power. Perhaps there should be a safeguard for pasting if CPU is above 80% usage with an added Y/N prompt? Or a way to abandon the paste at anytime when itā€™s crunching by pressing Cancel?

Quicksave

S3 ā€œloadā€ changed to ā€œclearā€ function with an ā€œare you sure y/n?ā€ dialogue.

M1 to M6 - loads the quicksave listed above each button

Unit Rename
Feels like this could be on the outmost immediate access S3 menu to quickly rename, and re-init could go into the menu dive?

Bypass / Disable

If system pref is set to disable, maybe this should be consistent when hovering over the unit header, so bypass would instead say ā€œdisableā€

Also, reporting back on CPU usage while global bypass pref is set to disable:.

I have a single chain up that has 2 x channel mixers, within each, a custom unit with a bunch of processes.

up and running this is all taking 63% CPU (48k 0.3.4)

If I bypass (disable) a channel mixer, CPU drops to 55%.

If I bypass (disable) the sample player WITHIN the custom unit, within that disabled mixer, CPU drops to 29%!

If i delete the same channel mixer along with everything within, CPU drops to 28%

So maybe itā€™s the sample player/slicer thatā€™s not getting disabled properly?

3 Likes

I was saving a quicksave and then it ā€œoopsedā€.

CPU usage was near the glitchy audio ceiling ā€¦ before I checked it was 85-90% when I started the save.

The last GUI message was that it was ā€˜encoding dataā€™. It had been on that for about 4 minutes.

ā€”CRASH REPORT BEGIN
Time Since Boot: 2585.106s
Version: 0.3.04 (unstable)
Boot Count: 33
Mount Count: 1
Error Message:
X:/Persist/serpent.lua:90: not enough memory for buffer allocation
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ā€˜table.concatā€™
X:/Persist/serpent.lua:90: in upvalue ā€˜val2strā€™
X:/Persist/serpent.lua:85: in upvalue ā€˜val2strā€™
X:/Persist/serpent.lua:85: in upvalue ā€˜val2strā€™
X:/Persist/serpent.lua:85: in local ā€˜val2strā€™
X:/Persist/serpent.lua:105: in function ā€˜Persist.serpent.serializeā€™
(ā€¦tail callsā€¦)
X:/Persist/Serialization.lua:11: in function ā€˜Persist.Serialization.encodeā€™
X:/Persist/Serialization.lua:40: in function ā€˜Persist.Serialization.writeTableā€™
X:/Persist/Preset.lua:18: in function ā€˜Persist.UnitPreset.writeā€™
X:/Persist/init.lua:652: in function ā€˜Persist.quickSaveā€™
ā€¦
X:/Base/Widget.lua:151: in function ā€˜Sample.Pool.Creator.sendUpHelperā€™
X:/Base/Widget.lua:141: in function ā€˜Sample.Pool.Creator.sendUpā€™
X:/Context.lua:192: in function ā€˜Context.notifyā€™
X:/Application.lua:143: in upvalue ā€˜notifyā€™
X:/Application.lua:244: in upvalue ā€˜dispatchā€™
X:/Application.lua:314: in function ā€˜Application.loopā€™
x:/startup/start.lua:54: in function <x:/startup/start.lua:47>
[C]: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
x:/startup/start.lua:57: in main chunk