V0.3.x Firmware Workout: Better late than never

And is demanding that you replace the first half dozen or so videos you shot!

3 Likes

All this excitement is good motivation for me to finish the acoustic piece Iā€™m working on. Thanks @odevices :pray:

2 Likes

Excellent work Brian !!! Thanks @odevices

1 Like

Hi Brian!

I have a question and a few thoughts:

Question: Is having user saved presets accessible in the chooser abandoned moving forward?

Entering into any Unitā€™s Menu
When Entering a unitā€™s menu, the M soft key release is sometimes triggering the menu option assigned to the same key.

Sample Player

Regarding the autoslicing:

Autoslice mode
-Could it also display the number of slice divisions along with the ms? Gets a little tricky counting beyond 16 when zoomed out.

-within this mode, muscle memory assumes the ā€œupā€ button will take us back to the prev screen instead of exiting back to the chain view. Ergonomically, would it feel better having the ā€œupā€ button function the same as ā€œcancelā€?

-might be good to have a little ā€œpress Enter to set slices, cancel (or up) to cancelā€ on the sub screen. I couldnt figure out if the info currently down there was required in this view or not?

Editing

Normalize: would love a global pref for setting where to normalize to (ie: -12/-6/0db FS) - or maybe turn this into a gain setting. Would be rad if there was a global pref for normalizing the entire buffer or the cursor selection.

Cut option - Iā€™m assuming this is to remove the selected chunk of audio? It was not always behaving this way on longer files, unless it was a waveform updating error. Iā€™ll investigate further.

SAMPLE PLAYER SLICE GUI
From an editing ergonomics POV, wondering if the main slicing screen menu should be more aware of whatā€™s happening. Ie: When editing and placing slices, you see the usual ā€œsnap/insert/deleteā€, and when the audio waveform is selected holding shift, these would update to the most common audio editing tasks without having to menu dive: Fade in/Fade out/normalize (or gain?) /trim/cut/menu? I feel like when I highlight the waveform and press delete, it should be deleting audio instead of a slice if that makes any sense?

Verbal error at 2:37 - I meant to say ā€œthat should be four right?ā€

6 Likes

Hell yes! :metal: :santa: :metal:

1 Like

Holy moly, but the named changes ARE bigā€¦ what can get bigger??
Congrats!

3 Likes

Sample Player Bug

-load any sample (or not)
-menu - slice sample
-menu - slice on grid or slice on onset
-pres fine/course button so ā€œfineā€ led is lit
-hold fine/course button
-move encoder

Oops! (Nice crash ysod!) :smiley:

Looper Bug
-Had a 5 second buffer I was recording to in mono. I went to wiggle the dub fader and ā€¦ Ooops!

2 Likes

Having tons of fun here modulating the reverb size ā€¦ WOW !

1 Like

So awesome! Thank you so much for this!
Some glitchy stuff going on here when placing a looper and grain stretch after one another; when focussing on the looper waveform, scrolling becomes really slow; leaving the window open shows frequent peaks in CPU. The grain stretch unit sharing the same buffer as the looper doesnā€™t show a waveform, though leaving this window open doesnā€™t affect the cpu in any way.

Menu update is so so good and loving the free verb ā€¦ thank you

2 Likes

The grain stretch is sooooo goood!!!

3 Likes

Ooohhhh!!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Grain strech and reverb! Love it!

1 Like

Oh yes!! canā€™t wait to try this now!

2 Likes

So excited to see the LUA SDK stuff start to drip out! Should really increase the communityā€™s ability to pitch in and help nurture the environment. Would love to hear some of your ideas on things youā€™re planning on trying to build, that way we can avoid possible duplication of effort.

4 Likes

Love this one!

4 Likes

I may be being dense hereā€¦ How does one zoom while in the sample slicer?

1 Like

Hold Zoom and rotate the Encoder

1 Like

I donā€™t see zoom when Iā€™m in the slicer. Just snap, insert, delete, and menu.

1 Like

Go up one menu level.

1 Like

Ok the patch I was doing sounds twice as good liberated by 0.3.

2 Likes