V0.3.x Firmware Workout: Better late than never

50ms for attack it’s too long for me…
AND the sustain at 1
For me I use attack 10ms and sustain at zero…

1 Like

Maybe We can create an default preset with personal values ?

Then when I choose an ADSR it assign my custom values ?
A 10MS
D 0MS
S 0
AND R 10MS

Totally agree with this. Low hanging fruit? Yes please!

2d

This kind of default preferences setting is in the works! There’s a thread here about it somewhere :slight_smile:

7 posts were split to a new topic: Manual Looper > feedback vs dub controls

Moved to its own thread because it probably warrants own discussion.

1 Like

Currently Grid Quantizer unit always uses floor function for its output steps. Would it be possible to make quantization function selectable, i.e. add at least ceiling function as an option? I suppose I can achieve the same by inverting data and limits pre and post quantization, but that looks a bit inconvenient.

The original looper is back!

v0.3.17 CHANGES

• ENHANCED: Manual Looper > Renamed to Feedback Looper.
  • ENHANCED: Brought back the original Sample Recorder (Looper) as Dub Looper.
  • NEW UNIT: Counter > Trigger on the input causes output value to increment by ‘step’. Can be set to wrap or not. Reset-able with modulate-able step size, start and finish. Scale output with the ‘gain’ parameter.

Pro-tip: Ever wanted a delay with freeze? Just use a Feedback Looper. Set the delay time with a trigger into the reset control. Freeze by punching out. Set number of echoes with the feedback control.

Pro-tip: Are you a pointillist who likes to record audio? Using either a Feedback or Dub Looper, send White Noise into the start control and send Velvet Noise into the reset control. Let it record for awhile then punch out.

24 Likes

Ace.

2 Likes

Counter is a kind of magic - I haven’t even used it yet and already know I willl have a thousand uses for this - thank you!

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ll see what I can do. Floor, round, and ceiling are good enough?

This is exactly what I plan on doing. :wink:

2 Likes

Counter will be a game changer !

Yes !
Thank you @odevices

Floor, round, and ceiling are certainly good enough. For completeness sake it could also support rounding to/from zero, i.e. rounding to zero would be floor for positive number or ceiling for negative.

1 Like

Ok. Now I have to ask :laughing: What are you doing that requires such a repertoire of quantization?

i’d love to see this, too. there is already a tool-tip mode with a momentary shift when the cursor is above a unit header: that produces a tool-tip message for that unit in the contextual display. it often (!) helps me to remember the type of a unit that i had renamed before but forgot to add the type to the name. i recently began to add the types of the units and the types of subchained units to the names…

in 1+2
vca+lpf+
eq+hpf+lim

@odevices:
couldn’t this be extended to parameters, too?

the very same day i was wishfully thinking about another
general UI idea:
i pretty often find myself wishing there would be a neat possibility
to tap integers with my fingers into parameter values.
(especially when i am setting vcas or gains of externally controlled parameters)

when i read about @tomk’s tool-tip mode via SHIFT+Mx, and odevices reminder that SHIFT+M1 is already in use, i had two thoughts.

1. SHIFT+Mx seems to be a good place for 6 crucial shortcuts,
    with quicksaves being one of them.
  2. the second thought brought me back to my wishfull thinking:
    if we just could find another shortcut (set) for quicksaves and
    other crucial functions/modes…
    then we could use holding-SHIFT+Mx for tapping useful values directly into corresponding parameters (regardless whether they are focused or not)…

obviously integers only make sense to some parameters
(e.g. vca) and more obviously: i didn’t think it through really,

• how to tap frequencies? (multiples of 55Hz…?)
  • how to tap lenghts of time (e.g. with delays and adsr)

just trying to second and improve @tomk’s idea of a universal
tool-tip mode as well as to share the idea of a universal
value-tapping-mode…

1 Like

i am looking forward to deal with the counter->trigger unit!
love your Pro-tips, too. keep them coming! (@everybody!)

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I’ve merely suggested a few extra choices for completeness (in case if it won’t require too much additional efforts).

Currently I only need floor and ceiling rounding for building a morphing wavetable VCO unit and I’ve already found a workaround for using floor rounding as ceiling.

2 Likes