V0.3.x Firmware Workout: Better late than never

Ah figured out the problem with the Clock Delay. It has no buffer assigned when you first create it. Oops. I’m fixing this now but if you just go and set the maximum loop time to some value then it will start working.

Sorry! :bowing_man:

2 Likes

So is there no way to “fire” the looper controls via the 301 (like “record” on the original looper) or do they need to be assigned to a gate input? Currently it looks like you cannot view the looped waveform in a zoomed out view. Might this me possible? That also reminds me that this is still not possible in the manual grains player?

I’m confused :thinking: FIring the Pedal Looper controls is the same as everywhere else (S3).

Eventually, yes! Just putting out bigger fires at the moment :fire:

2 Likes

My bad, getting adjusted to the new controls :crazy_face:

Huge update thanks @odevices…but you’re back already, surely a little more sleep in order!

That’s a huge bummer for me, love that unit…looks like Brian’s already on it though.

1 Like

v0.3.12 CHANGES

• FIXED: Pedal Looper > Only recorded left channel when in a stereo chain.
  • FIXED: Clocked Delay > Was being created with a zero maximum loop time.
  • NEW UNIT: Clocked Doppler Delay > Just like the Clocked Delay but using the Doppler (tape-style) Delay inside. (@scttcmpbll)
12 Likes

Would someone explain how to use the Pedal Looper to a five year old; me.

3 Likes

Button 1: record > play > overdub > play > overdub > …
Button 2: stop > clear
Button 3: undo > redo > undo > redo > …

Feedback: Sets how much of the recorded signal to feedback into itself when overdubbing.

Feedback @ 0dB:Build up layers forever until you have one big mushy mess.
Feedback @ -inf dB: Replace previous material with new material.
Feedback @ anything in between: sound-on-sound

Typical session:

1. Hit Button 1 (record mode) and sing.
  2. Hit Button 1 (play mode) and listen to your singing loop.
  3. Hit Button 1 (overdub mode) and harmonize with yourself.
  4. Hit Button 1 (play mode) and listen to your your harmonized singing loop.
  5. You don’t like it. Hit Button 3 (undo last change), to go back to just your singing loop.
  6. Hit Button 1 (overdub mode) and harmonize with yourself again.
  7. Hit Button 1 (play mode) listen again.
  8. Hit Button 2 (stop). Playback stops.
  9. Hit Button 2 again (clear). The loop contents are cleared and everything is back to where you started.
9 Likes

I’ve not been able to figure out where it goes in the chain and how audio reaches the Looper.

Think of it as an effect. Audio goes in on the left and leaves on the right.

4 Likes

Brilliant, thanks! Now to update Trash Tape

4 Likes

same here - i saw that enhancement and wasn’t keen

i think this one will be very fun with a random clock - like a trigger to gate length converter

NEW UNIT: Quantize To Clock > Quantizes gates to a given clock.

4 Likes

The pedal looper is fantastic! Exactly what I’ve been wanting. My only request for it is the ability to export my loop to a sample to continue mucking around with it in other units.

The clocking units also sound like just what I wanted but I need to figure them out.

1 Like

I can’t even begin to tell you all how much it’s killing me being away from my studio for the next few weeks while all this badass ER madness is happening!!

:sob:

4 Likes

Few weeks!!?
who is gonna make the videos???

2 Likes

I know I’ve slacked on making them the past few months.

Part slacker, part work hell schedule and part waiting for .3 to firm up a little more.

When I’m back from this gig, I’m planning on doing a full overview of .3 for (new) users a la video 1 and 2 of .1 - .2 from early last year :slight_smile:

And then usual vids with the new units.

Man o man I want a teletype now too!!

19 Likes

This is a good idea Jason! Thanks! :hugs:

3 Likes

When using the “quantize to clock” to trig a sample, it trigs it on the falling edge of the resulting trig. Isn’t it weird ?

Ah yes! It looks like the Quantize to Clock unit is outputting a series of very fast triggers rather than one long pulse. Fix coming soon. :bowing_man:

4 Likes