V0.3.x Firmware Workout: Better late than never

I doubt this is a firmware issue. Probably your CPU board is developing an intermittent fault? Perhaps we should have you replace it? PM me for further details.

Havenā€™t used the Clocked Delay yet (just downloaded the new firmware), but the new terminology makes way more sense to me. I was having trouble understanding the previous terminology as always interpreted num to be number not numerator. But was too embarrassed to admit this.

1 Like

I just went to my 301 to change the clock settings, and as soon as I touched the encoder my gates cut out again. Iā€™ll PM you.

I know there is a dedicated Pedal Looper thread, but wanted to post a bug here: pressing Undo while continuously overdubbing switches the unit back into Play mode without changing the visual Play/Overdub display.

1 Like

Is there a windowing param for Manual Grains?

Itā€™s adding quite a fade to the start & end here - was that added or did I dream it.

The duration parameter will affect the fade-in and fade-out time of each grain.

See ER-301/Manual Grains - O|D Wiki.

1 Like

Are there plans to make the fade time independent of the grain duration?

Not at the moment. I have been experimenting with envelope options but I havenā€™t been impressed with the outcomes yet.

1 Like

The half-sine is a bit extreme for long grains. For ā€œgrainsā€ on the order of 100+ milliseconds, a simple linear fade of a few milliseconds works pretty well in a lot of circumstances (like doing random tape splicing effects).

I might be misunderstanding the new clocking units. If I wanted to use the ER-301 as a slave to another clock coming in on D3 for example, how would I make a global chain that would output the incoming clock on D3 at half speed? I thought inputing a clock into the Clock (BPM) unit would do it but didnā€™t realize it had itā€™s own bpm setting.

Insert a Tap Tempo unit, set the div parameter to 2. Keep in mind that this is not a counter-based divider but rather it measures the tempo of the incoming clock and then divides (or multiplies) that measured tempo to produce its output tempo.

Those Clock units are sources.

2 Likes

Finally got around to installing the latest version. I really love where the firmware is going!

I did encounter a small problem, I think. When I want to assign an input to the skewed sine envelope, I get a notification saying ā€œunit input onlyā€ and it doesnā€™t seem to be possible to actually add an inputā€¦ Am I doing something wrong?

I just tested out sending one of the clock units through the outputs to my tempi and everything seems to sync rather nicely. I still plan on using the tempi for clocking, but this might be really handy for dialling in an exact bpm :wink:.

ā€œUnit input onlyā€ means that the input to the unit is coming in from the left and not a subchain.

1 Like

Oh, apologies! Itā€™s still early here in Belgium (well, more or less :laughing:)

Thank you!

2 Likes

first of all: awesome updates the last days!

But thereā€™s this one particular enhancement that just did not enhance
my workflows with sample-loops:

youā€™ll find a more elaborate explanation in the corresponding thread:

Hey fellow Belgian ER-301 user :wink:

(smallish) Bugā€¦
I have a custom unit with a trig control that receives a clock from a global chain. All good. When i save and reload the unit the input no longer receives the clock, though i can still see the name of the global chain on it. I have to link the input again and it starts tickingā€¦

Ditto @NeilParfitt

This is twice now Iā€™ve been away when a big update has droppedā€¦ :crazy_face:

And the middle layer tooā€¦!!

2 Likes

I for one would love more control over this, one of the beauties of granular is windowing control.

Glitchy, Clean and everything in between.

Thanks Brian

5 Likes

Iā€™m loving the pedal looper unit. Thanks so much for making this happen. Totally worth the wait

Would it be possible in the future to (in the unitā€™s menu) select a behavior that would shift the recording control straight into overdub at the end of recording your first loop?

So you could pick between the current behavior:
Record > Play > Overdub
Or
Record > Overdub > Play

I guess you could call it ā€œtrailsā€ mode.
I have a few looping pedals that do this and it is really handy for making seemless loopsā€¦ where the sustain of your last note could bleed over to the start of the loop.

14 Likes