Welcome to the realm of v0.4.x.
I will be your Firmware Master for the evening. The biggest changes are not going to be visible to you quite yet, but will rather unfold in the following weeks. In addition to the usual opportunistic cherry-picking, the major theme for our journey to a stable v0.4 firmware will revolve around these 4 areas:
- Scope Mode
- Custom Controls
- Hold Mode
The initial v0.4.x releases will focus on Routing and Scope Mode, and then later on I will tackle Custom Controls and Hold Mode.
As always proceed with caution and keep anything that you care about away from this firmware for a while. There is a LOT of new code that is only minimally tested. Fortunately, this firmware will create a completely different set of system folders (in ER-301/v0.4) and operate independently of the previous v0.3 release. Most importantly this means your quicksaves from v0.3 are not going to be touched.
Don’t let the short list fool you. This took a LOT of goofing off, I mean work.
- FIXED: Offset > In stereo chains, the offset parameter for the right channel was not being shown.
- FIXED: Quicksaves > Occasional freeze when loading a CPU-heavy quicksave while running a CPU-heavy patch.
- FIXED: Quicksaves > Sub-chain view from previous patch would remain after loading a quicksave.
- FIXED: Level meters > Brief (ghost) rise in the displayed level when meter comes into view.
- JANITORIAL: CPU/Memory Load View > This view is now an item in the admin menu rather than its own context. So you no longer use the STORAGE and MODE switches to access it.
- ENHANCED: Preset files no longer use the *.lua extension regardless of the type of preset.
- ENHANCED: Scope Mode > Navigate your OUTx chains with this bird’s eye view.
- ENHANCED: Chain Source Selection > Improved source selection UI and locals now include ANY unit or branch in the entire chain hierarchy. Beware of feedback.
- FIXED: Sample Auditioning > OUTx chain output would break after auditioning files on the same channels.
- FIXED: Mixer Unit > Inserting a Mixer unit into a mono chain incorrectly showed stereo faders.
- FIXED: Scope Mode > Button columns were too bright.
- FIXED: Memory leaks when loading quicksaves and certain types of units.
- FIXED: Channel Mute > Garbage in the audio buffers was causing audible noise.
- FIXED: Channel Mute > Flashing LEDs were not synced and channel selection was hard to see.
- FIXED: Teletype > Removed old i2c addresses and set the default i2c address to 0x31 as required by Teletype v3.0.0 and above.
- FIXED: Admin > Renamed Load screen to CPU Load.
- FIXED: Middle Layer > Enabled compilation of units with internal feedback loops.
- ENHANCED: Channel Setup > Moved out of the admin area and is completely accomplished in the user area by just chording the two channels that you want to link or unlink.
- FIXED: Quicksaves > Since v0.4.02, OUTx chains were being restored on top of each other and sometimes in the wrong channel group.
Use the stable v0.3.25 firmware for gigs and projects with deadlines.