V0.4.x Firmware Workout: Goofing off never felt this hard

This statement pertains to v0.4.21? I thought you quit at v0.4.20…

Mine is bubbling! :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Sorry, maybe I was too fast there. ran 0.4.21 briefly, not crashes yet, think I had the delayed triggers once, but I’m not sure.

Reason I didn’t spend much time in it was I didn’t see anything in the changelog related to my two problems (delayed triggers and crashes), hence I concluded that the two problems would carry over from 0.4.20 to 0.4.21. Maybe I jumped to conclusions here?

1 Like

Hi there, did my switch from Jamine to 0.4.21 today. Usually I do stereo sample playback using clocked strech on tracks 3+4. I came across weird behaviour when configuring slices and loops I thought this is worth to mention here. Setup as follows:
Global chain bpm receives 4 triggers per bar
Global chain reset receives one trigger each 16 or 32 bars to sync it all up
3+4 linked tracks
insert mixer and enter the channel
insert clocked strech device
map ‘bpm’ to clock input, ‘reset’ to ‘trig’ input
load sample (like 2 bar breakbeat)
edit the loop and insert, remove change the slice setup however you want
Many times the device got stuck playing back the loop/first slice correctly. The playback head keeps hanging by the end of the sample viewer. I can bring it back in loop editor by pressing ‘back’ on S1, but when going one level up playback is stuck again.
Maybe the editing of slices while playing back is confusing the clocked strech device?

2 Likes

I know I’m a bit late, but the Hold feature is fantastic - thankyou.

https://instagram.com/p/B02MpqEhGdn/

Are their any future plans to have voltage control of the Hold view? I can see this being great with the 16n.

Or a master master cross fader running horizontally along the bottom of them all that auto triggers each individual fader in sequence…:slight_smile:

19 Likes

v0.4.22 CHANGES

• FIXED: Some frequency readouts were not showing decimals for values less than 1Hz.
  • NEW UNIT: Single Cycle > A simple and naive wavetable oscillator with smooth scanning. Load it with an audio file containing a single cycle of your desired waveform, or, load it with a sample chain of many single-cycle waveforms and scan. In general, when using a sliced audio file, the slices are interpreted as single-cycle waves.

Here is a quick example of the Single Cycle unit (in stereo) playing into a Freeverb unit using AKWF for source material. The unit is driven by a simple 12-note sequence from the ER-101. I use a slow triangle wave to scan through the waveforms that were loaded via sample-chain. I think I started with AKWF_blended and then half-way I switched to AKWF_hvoice.

/original/2X/5/5083a560e5185c68f4c2791634278782c35589c7.mp3

Hopefully this unit will convince any remaining stragglers to move to this version :wink:

50 Likes

I’m with you!

3 Likes

cannot wait to get off work and play with this new device! Cheers!!!

1 Like

:star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy:
Woo-hoo! Been waiting for this one. Very exciting! Thank you!
:star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy::dizzy::star_struck::boom::dizzy:

Nice demo track, BTW! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:star_struck:

edit: that demo sounds excellent

4 Likes

Kind of a hallmark release, really. The ER-301 can now do, to one degree or another, every major type of synthesis that I can personally think of:

• subtractive
  • additive
  • AM / ring mod
  • waveshaping
  • frequency modulation (TZ linear & exponential)
  • pwm
  • phase modulation
  • traditional sampling
  • granular
  • karplus strong
  • modal
  • wavetable

Anything else?

15 Likes

Joe, you wrote reply #1000 in this thread!!!
I know, not answering your question, but worth to mention… :partying_face:

6 Likes

Seems fitting it was a celebration rather than a bug report. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you Brian! Demo sounds amazing and i’m happy i brought my 301 along to this 4 month long subpar TV show shoot up in the mountains of Georgia (not the one that is in the US lol).

2 Likes

Ooo nice!!

Awesome, thanks !!

YESSSSS! waveedit + er-301 = <3

2 Likes

Amazing Brian!
A module that keeps on giving!

A couple of questions since I am away from my 301 :slight_smile:
How many frames per single cycle can it handle?
How long can the chains be?

Right on! thank you. It is going to be a wavetable weekend!

1 Like

In both cases, the Single Cycle unit does not care. It will just skip over frames/waveforms to get to where it needs to be. If it lands between two frames/waveforms then it linearly interpolates. As a point of reference, AKWF uses 600 frames per waveform and each folder (i.e. bank) has 16 to 100 waveforms. This is good for synth voice applications. However, if you are thinking about really accurate modulation applications then you might want to use a lot more frames per waveform which will be OK because you will be scanning at a much lower frequency. On the flip side, if you are targeting some really high pitched applications (like screeching disc brakes or bird song) then you will want to use less frames per waveform and band-limit.