V0.4.x Firmware Workout: Goofing off never felt this hard

I’m with you here. I don’t work thoroughly on my custom units atm because I know they don’t have a future. I still make them for the learning experience but I don’t ever polish them. Hopefully this is the last time we lose backwards compatibility?

Same. Exploring and not saving for now.

Fingers crossed for stable custom / bespoke units soon, though I know how hard things like that can be.

yah, i have a bunch of projects that i froze waiting for custom controls editing to come back in a new shiny powerful version! cant wait!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I cannot wait!!!

Hearing Europe’s The Final Countdown as we have entered the final 48 hours until 4.0.4., the synth version of course.

8 Likes

(big timpani roll crescendo…)

4 Likes

cue string section tremolo bowing

4 Likes

hoovers

3 Likes

Inception Noise

Inception Noise

3 Likes

// blood starts slowly dripping from left nostril

4 Likes

Waiting for new firmware with this on a loop in my head.

1 Like

Personally, because of the custom unit overhaul, i’m exploring a working environment based on earlier built custom units but now they’re spread out across channels and the global chains. I must admit, i find this liberating; i’m using the module more in a physical way and there is room for quick access into a patch instead of having to dive deep into a custom built device…

4 Likes

I’ve experienced a bit of that myself. Not that I don’t want the newly overhauled CUs. But it’s a good reminder of the beauty in the balance.

3 Likes

Indeed, i’m thinking of more tiny custom built stuff and spreading the possibilities across the module instead of packing it into one cpu killing unit…

1 Like

Are you me?! I’m doing this right now and reminding myself of the flexibility of patching outside the box within a box.

3 Likes

If you haven’t figure it out, I’m invoking my disclaimer :blush: I still have a few loose ends to tie up with this release so I need another 24-48 hours before I can unleash it on you unsuspecting users.

23 Likes

i will listen to this test tone, still and quiet, for the next 72 hours

3 Likes

Hmmm, does this mean that my suspicions will not be confirmed? :thinking: :smile:

There is no 24 - 48 hour option on the YouTube video :rofl:

A subtle hint @odevices but I got it :wink:

You’re adding a shepard risset tone generator, AWESOME!

3 Likes