V0.4.x Firmware Workout: Goofing off never felt this hard

Actually, I will be sending the ported versions of your bespoke units some time tomorrow. It’s the least I can do.

Darn it. I knew there was something obvious that I forgot to test. I’ll get to it tomorrow.

I’m off to bed now :sleeping:

7 Likes

get some really earned rest :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Sweet!
Quick bug find: Clearing an input doesn’t work: pressing the a3 button does nothing

1 Like

thank you for this update !

i tried bunch of custom units but can not make it work. Anyone tried that? It seems like it loads it but it does not.

possible bug report (reproducible) : vari-speed player - to preview a sample causes crash

Crash on sample preview : confirmed with card player and varispeed player
S3 button doesn’t clear chain input : confirmed
Inserting a custom unit with S3 still displays “coming soon”

Noob question regarding multiband units:
What are the benefits of a multiband unit compared to e.g two mixers inside a custom unit? The visual feedback in the outer layer? Is there more?

/aaah got it! :sweat: The input goes through it…how convenient

1 Like

I was about to reply with that. But it actually looks like you can select the unit input from locals now… :thinking:

But I guess there’s also:

So seems like if parallel processing is what you want to do, these are super convenient.

1 Like

yes, forgot to mention that, same here.

hahaaahahahah

Won’t have time to fully dive into this until later but I did take a quick tour of the controls editor and numeric value entry, and these are so, so awesome!!! :sparkler::boom::dizzy:

Possible bug: tried to change V/Oct control on a Variable Speed Player to min/max Bias of +/-4800. It didn’t seem to effect it after committing the change on this particular control.

Bug: When deleting a control on a custom unit > crash

I can confirm elias 's bug

Sounds promising! is the latency lower than the 96kHz version? And would you be able to make a more complex patch before pops and clicks with the 48kHz llv* then doing it on the 96kHz firmware?

*Low Latency version

Bugs:

1. Inserting a variable speed player and trying to audition a sample when browsing samples on the card crashes the 301. Manual grains, too.

2. Trying to insert a SC.TR unit results in ‘Failed to load unit’. SC.CV, too.

3. Trying to move a sine osc (that was in the 1v/oct subchain of a saw oscillator) into a mixer using the shift+encoder functionality results in a crash.

I’m on the low-latency firmware.

EDIT: Got this already: Is the previous firmware available somewhere?

BUG: Bypassing leads to a freeze, i tried on filters, delays, reverb.

I’m out for today :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

never tried the 96khz version myself so idk.
right now i’m using one clocked player with slices inside a mixer channel inside a custom unit on ch.1, 3 raw players inside 3 channels on ch.2, all receiving gates with fast tempo, up to now i’m about 12% cpu but no complex stuff now. unfortunately i’m unable to load some of my most complex stuff due to backward incompatibility so gonna check in the next days.

1 Like

Yea just tried and it’s wonderful for parallel processing, much quicker then setting up mixers…inputs… Also having a overview of each bands waveform is great and looks ace.

3 Likes

I’d guess so; it’s not a proportional load from my experience. Only one way to find out for sure though!!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Can’t wait to get into this FW!

I’m getting around the same latency on low latency as I do on 96khz, so about 4ms. But I reckon there must be more cpu headroom.