Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

V0.4.x Firmware Workout: Goofing off never felt this hard

feedback

I like that hat :star_struck:

2 Likes

I noticed a small UI bug. When going into a sub-chain, if the cursor memory is on a spot between units, where pasting should be possible, if the last time that sub chain was viewed, the paste buffer was empty, when you next enter that sub-chain with something in the paste buffer, the “paste” option is not available above S1 until the cursor is moved with the encoder.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D1nK7q2i8I

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Updated from 4.05 to the latest last night.

Tried the naming protocol below but none of my v3 presets, chains, quicksaves will load. Worth noting that when I give them the right extension they do show up and the 301 makes out it’s loading it, but they don’t.

1 Like

Were these v0.3.25 presets? Those should load. Earlier ones are not tested.

Also, there is an issue with presets with v0.4.01 to v0.4.11, in that there were too many firmware changes happening to keep backwards compatibility.

0 Likes

Some are (can’t remember which ones) but most were made in prior version to v0.3.25

I made a bunch with 4.05, again I can’t be sure what exactly

So basically I need to start afresh? If I start making a bunch of stuff on .4.11 what are the chances of this happening again?

0 Likes

Yes and that is highly recommended given that those (older) presets could probably be improved now.

Pretty likely but not definite because v0.4.11 is not a stable version. It is getting close though.

4 Likes

ok good to know, thx @odevices :crossed_fingers::metal:

0 Likes

I’m wondering what @odevices is cooking for the next firmware update. It has been a while since the last one.

1 Like

really really curious about how hold mode is gonna come up!!!
meanwhile i’m having the best time with the 301, feels like my natural habitat :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve been quietly thinking ‘the calm before the storm’ too :cloud_with_lightning:

After a bit of a natural break, I have been digging in again and all the improvements since I last spent any serious time with it are breathtaking!

2 Likes

Guess I’ll chime in too that I’ve been waiting to see this topic pop back up with activity that wasn’t being created by those who are trying their best not to pester the creator or seem impatient.

6 Likes

I’ve been on a little 301 hiatus too, focusing on some other work. Excited to have the 16n now, and doubly excited to dig in to some new firmware again :smiley:

2 Likes

Been actively trying not to think about The Next Update. It helps to be busy to the point it’s shitty :smiley:

3 Likes

Since you’re all asking, this is hold mode.

16 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

bahahaha! That was epic good.

1 Like

Hahaha, FINALLY…

I’ve been looking for a way to switch that mode OFF

1 Like

Hi all, would like to run this issue I’ve been having trying to save Presets.

I am in the process of trying to make a simple harmonic oscillator using a 6 band unit with the main osc together with 5 harmonic ones. I try to connect both the v/oct and frequency of each harmonic sine to the main osc using the Local connection. After saving as a .unit present, every time I recall it, both the connections are Empty. Am I doing something wrong?

I’m on 0.4.11 hence posting here.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

1 Like

I see what you mean. This is a bug. Thank you for reporting it.

I think you can workaround it by adding controls at the container level and connecting to those instead.

2 Likes