V0.4.x Firmware Workout: Goofing off never felt this hard

Not sure if this BUG was spotted already but:

With the Varispeed Player on “once” and “slices” the player won’t retrigger if the speed is negative.

Cheers Emilng! - discovered the hold button menu too while goofing around …

1 Like

One thing I was really curious about–and I wasn’t sure if it deserved its own thread–if it was possible to make the ADSR function have a visible graphic of the shape you’re building with the sub screen. It makes it so much easier to visualize what to expect over sliders with numbers. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when I audition a sample from the file browser on a sample player attached to channel 3 + 4 the audio plays out of channel 1 + 2 instead of channel 3 + 4.

Also thanks for the new update and all the quick fixes! :slight_smile:

Bug: When recording with the 6-track it is not possible to save the file into a empty folder :frowning:
/ edit: empty = containing no other folder(s)

Thanks for the update Brian!

1 Like

this is the usual behaviour! even on mono tracks if you put, say , a player in chain 3 and go to load samples and audition them they come out of track 1 by default. iirc while auditioning you press on the chain button of the chain you want to be the auditioning monitor chain and boom! here it is!
haven’t checked yet with new firmware, but that is a 04.XX feature all the way

1 Like

question for @odevices: given that you are still working on improving the low latency version (32 samples vector size instead of the usual 128), how hard would it be to build also a mid latency version at 64 samples? i ask because i remember low latency being ultra fast and snappy but i always ended up wanting to exploit more cycles from the cpu…maybe an intermediate version might help in some cases.
only if it is not too much fuss to implement on your side, of course…

Would it be possible to get a “pin to all” existing PinSets option in the pop up menu?

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I just tried this out and it seems to work perfectly if I don’t try changing the track while the sample is being auditioned. Changing tracks while auditioning them causes a crash. The workaround is to audition the sample, stop auditioning, change tracks, then I can audition any samples on the selected track as expected. This is on v0.4.16.

2 Likes

Really enjoying exploring the new Hold Mode, makes lots of things much easier to do within the system! Thanks @odevices!

Wanna check with everyone how much CPU can you use before clicks begin to appear and the UI becomes laggy? For me it is around 70%, and I’m running the v0.4.16 48kHz Normal Latency version.

1 Like

it also depends on the number of units used. @a773 did some thorough tests iirc

1 Like

I find it’s about 80% cpu before clicks appear. But depends on which units. Below 70% is a comfortable safe zone, although the UI starts to feel a bit sluggish.

1 Like

When moving units inside a mixer channel (from the menu, or manually cut/paste), all associated pins are removed from the Pin Set. Any chance the pinned values can be stored in memory (between cut and paste) along with the units and paste them back?

While playing around with the Pin Sets for macro performance control I’m experiencing some crazy CPU peaks with noise/crackle while manipulating the Master Faders.
0051 0052
I’m modulating around eight parameters at once with one Master Fader so I can definitely see why it is happening, but while the patch itself is at a very maneagable 28% in the first case and 44% in the second, the peaks make the patch impossible to perform. Or at least, the Pin Sets really don’t like the “gestural” approach of using the Master Faders :flushed: If you treat them gently, there are no obvious problems. Should there be a maximum of parameters per Pin Set? In order to keep the patch within the calculating limits of the processor? I don’t think that’s bad per se, after all every machine has a limit.

2 Likes

are you on the regular or low latency fw?

there is no low latency firmware as of now, only 48 and 96 khz

1 Like

I’m on 48.

Hmm. That is weird. CPU load from a Master Fader should be negligible.

I’m getting the same clicks actually while using the master fader, also on 48khz version.

What I mean is “It is weird and therefore I will be investigating.”

1 Like