V0.4.x Firmware Workout: Goofing off never felt this hard

thanks for clarifying!!! tomorrow is 0.4.01 study day!!!

Ok I have this problem: If I create a chain my local controls get saved in quicksaves, but if I create a custom unit my local controls disappear when I reload it. It happens both with presets and quicksaves. What could it be? Anyone else has this problem? Or is it just me being dumb?

Can confirm, i noticed this with my pre 0.4 custom units… the local controls are broken. I did not yet try to save a new unit.

Please hold off on using custom units. They are being overhauled. :wink:

5 Likes

:metal::heart_eyes::metal:

1 Like

My god this is fantastic Brian! Sublime

Ha! I was just starting to build custom units for easier access to some parameters. Hopefully they will work again (and better I guess) quite soon… :wink:

I strongly recommend sticking to the stable firmware for gigs and projects with deadlines. :wink:

7 Likes

I strongly recommend only the latest breaking edge alpha firmware for highly experimental approaches in making music. :wink:

5 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Locals/Globals vs Anything Goes

Hmm… it is probably time to rebuild the 4 poly custom unit using the Counter builtin Unit - that wasn’t available at the time 4 poly was first created. I think it will be more stable. I’ll try to do this soon unless someone else wants to.

3 Likes

So, I have been thinking about this and it’s not obvious to me, maybe because I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet. Is there some musical reason you would want this 128 sample delay when feeding back but not forward?

That’s not what I mean by “hard-coded”. I probably should have used the adjective “baked-in”. Musically, you would prefer a 1 sample delay (the minimum possible). However, a frame size of 1 would bring a general-purpose processor like the ARM processor to its knees. So we choose a frame size that balances latency and computational throughput which at the moment sits at 128 samples.

7 Likes

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense!

Cheers for this. Really enjoying using the ER-301.

3 Likes

@odevices
wow. i just quickly tested scope view and the local sources today. this is incredible… :star_struck:
thank you so much! :pray:

3 Likes

Post #100! How’d I get here so late? Looking forward to this!!!

1 Like

Love the new routing options! Such a joy for feedback/parallel processing stuff that was a pain before. Can’t wait for the custom unit controls to work again/be updated!

7 Likes

Yeah, the scope is amazing

1 Like

The new scope is totally awesome for a newbie like me. And the improvements in file conventions and handling and source selection will address many of the early puzzles that I had when starting to patch with the unit. Very exciting. Thanks @odevices.

4 Likes