Welcome to the fiery realm of v0.5.x (codename: Myrrh)
Originally, v0.5 was meant to be a bigger release focusing mainly on the sharing of work among users, but then along the way I had a breakthrough with regards to underruns and CPU load. Specifically, I was able to redesign the execution scheduler to finally get the performance one would expect from an RTOS (real-time os). Or more simply in @Joe’s words:
So CPU usage is roughly the same. You can just push 0.5 further.
This redesign also brings back the low-latency firmware that was previously having problems with artifacts on IN1-4.
Here is the thing though. Redesigning the execution scheduler was a very low level and risky set of changes, hence I could not add it as a maintenance update to the stable v0.4 firmware, but on the other hand I didn’t want to wait until I had implemented the sharing features originally planned for this release. So I decided to have a short and sweet stability testing period and release for this change only.
- FIXED: 48kHz Low-latency (frame size = 32) firmware > Clicks when recording from IN1-4.
- ENHANCED: 48kHz Low-latency (frame size = 32) firmware > No underruns up to approximately 94% CPU load (previously it was up to 70%).
- ENHANCED: 48kHz Normal-latency (frame size = 128) firmware > No underruns up to approximately 94% CPU load (previously it was up to 84%).
- ENHANCED: 96kHz Normal-latency (frame size = 128) firmware > No underruns up to approximately 92% CPU load (previously it was up to 64%).
- ENHANCED: If there is no
ER-301/v0.5folder on your front SD card then the
ER-301/v0.4folder will be used to populate the new
ER-301/v0.5folder. Previously, you had to do this copy manually when the firmware version had a change in the minor version number (e.g. v0.3 to v0.4 and so on).
- FIXED: Clicks in the audio when inserting or deleting units or loading presets.
- ENHANCED: Text Entry > Holding a button will repeatedly insert the character or perform the action (i.e. backspace).
- ENHANCED: All sample players that can play slices > Added new Play Extent option called ‘cue’. Triggering the player will cause playback to start from the current active slice/cue and play until the end (or beginning if speed < 0). Afterwards, if looping, then the entire sample will loop.
Please read the change notes above for each release before installing.
Normal Latency Versions (frame size = 128 samples)
er-301-v0.5.01-unstable-48kHz.zip (1.6 MB)
er-301-v0.5.01-unstable-96kHz.zip (1.6 MB)
Low Latency Version (frame size = 32 samples)
er-301-v0.5.01-unstable-48kHz-f32.zip (1.6 MB)