V0.7.x Progress and Feedback

Are they listed in the Package Manager where you can install them?

Of course. I have no idea why I havenā€™t checked that right away. Everything is there, of course.

Of course, it is better for the core package to be automatically installed. The fact this is not happening anymore and requires you to go into the Packager Manager is a bug.

1 Like

Slice function in Manual Grains would be amazing :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@Lokua @tommygee
Requests added. Thank you!

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s just me, but after Iā€™ve added slices to a sample, it can be difficult to easily navigate through those slices when adjusting the slices parameter. If there was a way to more clearly know which slice Iā€™m choosing, I think that would be a nice improvement.

Is it OK if that information was only updated when you trigger? Otherwise, the ER-301 would have to be calculating the slice all the time using substantial CPU in the process.

Iā€™ve found you can do quite a lot of calculation on the UI thread for stuff like this, basically just duplicating the audio thread work at a lower rate.

Worst case is probably the 12 tet mapping which requires calculating a log, but I think it would work

1 Like

True and the fact that if done properly the drawing code is only executed when visible. However, from a code maintenance POV it is awkward to have the (non-trivial) slice calculation code in two places. Decisions decisionsā€¦

Letā€™s move further technical discussion on this over to the github issue:

2 Likes

Whatever you think is best for the overall module. Any improvements in the new firmware will be appreciated.

i would like to see a solution to the click problems discussed here:

i really really really hope that it is on the radar
(bumping this topic since years now :face_with_peeking_eye:)

3 Likes

something like que points (slices?) in the card player. the option to access them with long files :slight_smile:

Here my 2cents, itā€™s not related with sampling but I think it would be a great addition, what about the possibility of making groups of the macros on custom units? Iā€™m building a drum machine and Iā€™ve to navigate for over a long number of custom controls, with this I could make group of controls that Iā€™d expand or hide when necessary

v0.8 will likely have more of a ā€œcontrolā€ theme so I will add this there.

2 Likes

Added to the v0.7 MAYBE list.

1 Like

Already mentioned and yes it is ā€œon the radarā€.

2 Likes

Maybe this is too pedantic but I might as well!

When browsing samples to include in a multi, auditioning turns off after any file is selected. Iā€™d love a setting that allows auditioning to stay on between selections, just because I am usually scrolling through the same folder for samples and this adds an extra button push per selection to turn auditioning back on.

There is already an option for that in admin > System Settings:

1 Like

I have this setting toggled on and may even have been the person who requested it as a feature :sweat_smile:. However, the auditioning state switches to off after a file is toggled for inclusion in a prospective multisample, at least in v0.6.15. Sorry, describing the exact state of a UI can be difficult!

This is just a personal gripe, not a problem if that is the intended behavior or if this is too granular a case to be considered as a setting.

Just to confirm, you mean you have it toggled OFF right?