Hello ER-101/102 Owners.
Since this seems to work well for the ER-301, I’ve decided to start a discussion thread for the current ER-102 firmware. I will post here whenever I have released a new v2.xx. I would greatly appreciate it if you would post any bug reports here. Simple feature requests can be posted here, or in its own thread, if you feel the request needs discussion.
- FIXED: Incorrect timing info sent from ER-102-to-ER-101 when GATE=DURATION (portato).
- CONFIG: (Parts:user-transition) New user transition type called ‘clock’ which causes the next part to play on the next clock pulse.
- FIXED: Dropped gate when clock precedes the reset signal.
- FIXED: Copying sequence of steps (as opposed to patterns) should not include pattern boundaries.
- ENHANCED: Added step record config screen containing: CV-A and CV-B voltage zeroing. DURATION and GATE quantization.
- CONFIG: (Groups:hold-mod-cv) Sample-and-hold any effects from mod CV when a track’s gate is high.
- ENHANCED: Scala files are now supported. Follow the same naming convention as the binary voltage files (i.e. names are 4 characters long) and use the .SCL extension. For example, dropping a file called
ER-102/TABLESwould be interpreted as a Scala file and show up as
tEStin the VOLTAGE display.
- ENHANCED: The root (or key) of the note display is now configurable in the track configuration screen. In the track configuration screen, turn the RIGHT knob to set the root note when you have CV-A or CV-B focused.
- FIXED: Inconsistent rendering of triggers (especially when duration < 0.2ms) since v2.14.
- FIXED: Browsing through reference tables or snapshots rapidly would sometimes cause a clock pulse to be missed and hence lose sync.
- FIXED: While in HOLD mode, pressing COMMIT when the COPY LED is flashing would cause corruption of the sequence and eventually a crash.
- FIXED: CONFIG.INI:Groups:hold-mod-cv was letting mod CV through when the track gate was low rather than holding it.
- FIXED: Step recording mode > D-2 (delete) is not doing anything.
- FIXED: INSERT & DELETE on steps/patterns/tracks should not be allowed in FOLLOW mode (i.e. it should TILT).
- FIXED: Browsing through snapshots or voltage tables (things that cause SD card access), intermittently freezes output rendering.
- FIXED: Some edit operations were mistakenly disabled in HOLD mode since v2.20.
- FIXED: Sometimes the display does not leave the INSERT screen after releasing the INSERT button.
- FIXED: Make LAST message appear shorter when trying to scroll past the last step or pattern or part.
- FIXED: Parts > Parts would activate immediately when using transition type ‘first’ and at least one track was empty. Now empty tracks are ignored when waiting for the first track to end.
- FIXED: Group Modifier > Steps that should have a zero duration as the result of a group modifier would still play for 1 clock pulse.
- FIXED: Real-time recording > Only the last pattern recorded was being assigned to the target part.
- ENHANCED: Real-time recording > Newly recorded part is now activated upon punching out. This behavior can be disabled in CONFIG.INI (activate-part).
- ENHANCED: Real-time recording > The next part will be focused upon punching out. This behavior can be disabled in CONFIG.INI (focus-next).
- ENHANCED: CONFIG.INI > user-transition > Added new values for this setting that allow specifying the exact track to use for triggering part transitions.
- ENHANCED: CONFIG.INI > cv-(X,Y,Z)-gated > Gating of the mod CV channels can now be configured separately for each mod channel.
- ENHANCED: CONFIG.INI > cv-(X,Y,Z)-slope-mod > Setting mod CV effect to pre- or post-lookup can now be configured separately for each mod channel and each track.
- ENHANCED: CONFIG.INI > cv-(X,Y,Z)-hold > Setting mod CV hold behavior can now be configured separately for each mod channel and each track.
- ENHANCED: CONFIG.INI > Created configuration groups for each track (1-4) and moved all track-specific settings to these new configuration groups.
- ENHANCED: Held Steps > Steps can be individually set to hold their track’s previously output CV-A or CV-B value. Simply, set the CV-A or CV-B parameter to Hold(Hd) by decrementing further past zero.
- ENHANCED: CONFIG.INI > hold-cv-(a,b)-on-zero-gate > Use this setting to have a (normally non-hold) step hold the output CV when its gate is zero. The default is to only hold the step when the gate becomes zero due to the action of a group modifier.
As always, please backup your snapshots before upgrading to a new firmware.