Writing music on the Er-101

Buying an er-101 when the new batches are ready next month and I’m very excited. I’ve seen people complain about the interface but it seems very intuitive and flexible.

Seems like one of the best sequencers for doing stuff off the grid.

So I guess I’m curious has composing on the 101 help you understand music theory at all. I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of actually being able to actually write music and I feel like the 101 might be a good entry point.

So I’m curious for people who’ve used it without any real knowledge on theory and scales and all that, has it been beneficial with just expanding your music knowledge?

Once you are familiar with many of the gestures and features then I would agree, the 101 is intuitive and flexible in how you apply theory, both musical and mathematical.

Takes time but again this instrument is useful.[quote=“oldbills, post:1, topic:3953”]
has it been beneficial with just expanding your music knowledge?
[/quote]

The 101 offers you a pathway to expand on theory knowledge. For example, the smart use of the CV b output, per track, provides for a way to explore another important principle of music, expression.

The 101 is a clever instrument, give yourself time and in return you will do well